A NEW UPLOADING METHOD IN PLACE AS A TRIAL
To address the l/q problem, we have now applied the following new set of rules as a new trial for uploads.
- The basic essence of this method is that l/q will only be determined by number of likes a message gets, rather than any individual opinion. This would remove biased feeling among users & also make mods free of any disrespect & also free of additional burden of thinking about any upload as l/q or not.
- This method forces uploader to focus more on uploading quality & likes-getting uploads rather than just quantity.
METHOD: For every uploader (whether fresh or senior), avg likes of his past 1 month uploads (in likes counted category) will be checked. And based on that, following rules apply:
1. If avg likes are between 0-99 - the uploader gets a restriction of 1 upload in 6 hours.
2. If avg likes are between 100-199 - the uploader gets a restriction of 1 upload in 1 hour.
3. If avg likes are between 200-299 - the uploader gets a restriction of 3 uploads in 1 hour.
4. If avg likes are 300+ - the uploader can upload 5 uploads in 1 hour.
- For a fresh uploader or a past one month inactive old uploader, avg likes will be 0. Although the person can immediately jump to 300+ section if his 1st upload gets 300+ likes. This way even good new uploaders can enjoy more freedom, compared to last condition of having 20 uploads minimum.
- Some users have been tactically deleting their approved uploads to gain avg likes in past. But now when they will delete their approved upload, the upload will move to a 'self-deletion' category (with no icon in categories list) - where its avg likes will be counted & will also come in dupli detection on both keyword search & machine detector. Moreover, it will greatly discourage this practice & force uploaders further to select, what they think are, good uploads only.
- It is seen that uploaders try for Status Update category even if it belongs to other categories, for extra likes it gets compared to others. If this behaviour is found continued, then we can even reduce the number of likes to 50% when counted for any likes calculation - of their uploads in Status Update category - to discourage such behaviour.
- Also note that as in past, this method is in trial. Will be adjusted / reverted if & when required.
- If this turns out to be success, we also plan to replace stats & stars in user profile page to reflect this data only, so that is live updated about his/her progress.
Lastly, we appreciate the contribution of users 'Rk3530', 'The Joker' & 'dream_f@ctory' in forming this. We hope it turns out to be beneficial for all users.
Thanks for reading. Your feedback goes below.